Connect with us

Crime & Safety

Fourth body linked to Billings homicide incident ID’d



UPDATE: A Billings home was still an active crime scene Saturday morning after police shot and killed a man during a standoff overnight.

Billings Police Chief Rich St. John says the man was hiding in the attic of a home near Ridgewood Lane South and Shiloh Road.

St. John says officers tried to coax the suspect out of the home using chemicals and drones but were unsuccessful.

Members of the SWAT team entered the home around 10:50 p.m. Friday night and made contact with the suspect, but they opened fire killing the suspect when he charged at them.

The Chief says SWAT entered the attic in two separate places.

The investigation is being turned over to the Montana Department of Criminal Investigations.

SWAT officers who fired their weapons will go through shooting protocols, and will be on administrative leave during the investigation.

The suspect’s identity will be withheld until family members are notified.

UPDATE: APRIL 24 12:07 A.M.

Billings Police Chief Rich St. John confirms the suspect inside the home has been killed by law enforcement.

Chief St. John says the suspect was located in the attic of the home.

Chief St. John adds the suspect charged at law enforcement and fired rounds, which resulted in SWAT officers opening fire.

UPDATE: APRIL 23 AT 11:13 P.M.

Shots were reportedly fired around 10:50 p.m. Friday night by law enforcement.

No casualties or injuries have been reported.

Law enforcement told us that all officers are safe.

 UPDATE: APRIL 23 AT 6:58 P.M.

Authorities are still attempting to get into the home, according to our on-scene reporter.

Chief St. John says police are still trying to contact the suspect as well, after the suspect’s phone died.

It is believed that one of the suspects has been tasered and taken into custody. This has not been confirmed by police yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *