I have no problem with prisoners in our prison system and inmates in our jails being vaccinated, especially for COVID-19. I do have a problem with them moving to the front of the line and getting the vaccine before hard-working Americans can get the vaccine- especially when the vaccine is in limited supply.
If you missed the good news that came out Monday, President Trump’s efforts to deliver a COVID-19 vaccine to the American people in record time is now coming to fruition. President Trump delivers once again. Health care workers, obviously, top the priority list for getting the vaccine.
- People from racial and ethnic minority groups
- People from tribal communities
- People who are incarcerated/detained in correctional facilities
- People experiencing homelessness/living in shelters
- People attending colleges and universities
- People who work in educational settings (e.g., early learning centers, schools, and colleges and universities)
- People living and working in other congregate settings
Prisoners being treated on par with school teachers in Montana? Hopefully the incoming governor can make some modifications to this plan from the outgoing administration.