Connect with us

Local News

Two firefighters treated for heat exhaustion after responding to a fire in Billings



Billings, Montana – A fire that broke out at an automotive repair shop in the early morning hours of Tuesday prompted the response of crews from the Billings Fire Department.

Fire crews responded to Ace Automotive, located at 242 Nall Avenue, at approximately 1:19 a.m.

According to a Billing Fire Department spokesperson, besides battling the fire, fire crews had to deal with another obstacle like the lack of accessible water hydrants.

Lockwood offered mutual help with its water tender while the fire department used a water shuttle.

There were no people inside the building when the fire broke out.

Two members of the Billing Fire Department received treatment for heat exhaustion. There were no other reported injuries.

There is no indication so far of what might have started the fire.